Alex Ekubo, in response to his ex-fiancee, Fancy Acholonu's apology, has told her in a leaked audio conversation between the two that her apology isn't a guarantee that they are coming back in the relationship.


Alex and Fancy

Fancy, had tendered an apology to Alex December 2022, after she, surprising everyone, abruptly called off their engagement and planned wedding in 2021. Within the statement issued, she had asked Alex to live his truth - a statement many had interpreted as Fancy telling him to be openly gay.

Fancy's 2022 apology, like her break-up statement had also generated so much controversy and subject for discourse that she had had to come out, as though giving credence to the story making the rounds that Alex is gay - which ofcourse wasn't intentional, considering she wants Alex back, to state categorically that Alex never touched her in their 5-year long relationship.


Alex

While many had expected an instant rebuttal and possible explanation from Alex, the well-spoken and handsome nollywood actor had taken his time to respond.

Within the leaked audio conversation, Alex was heard saying, "A lot is happening and there are so many people fighting on our behalf…just like l said in the beginning, I said this is not a post to guarantee that we’re coming back in the relationship but that if we want to talk and be cordial to each other, this is the first step to righting the wrong."

Continuing, Alex said, “I’ve asked myself after this post, what am I going to say or write in this tense atmosphere that will not turn into another roller-coaster again, you know that you and I are not there… we’re not back in a relationship for me to come out and say oh, I still love you too Fancy. Because that would be a clear position that this is what we’re doing and to hell with anybody… there are three things in this whole scenario; it’s either I come out to say I love you too — which isn’t true — or I come out to bash you, which will never happen on my part. The third one will be a lukewarm answer which will neither be here nor there. That’s why when you asked me, I told you to tell me what you want me to say or write."

He went on to say, “After your post, l called you twice and appreciated you for what you did, that it doesn’t have to end this way and that we don’t need to fight… personally, I’ve always maintained silence. What you did was necessary for the action that was taken at the time. You’ll always be my friend. This too shall pass. I’m a very careful person.”

The response wasn't devoid of drama as the once-upon lovers were heard engaging in a heated argument after Fancy asked the actor if he was happy about the apology.

Responding, Alex said, "Don’t tell me there’s something you’re expecting to hear, before I make any move, I calculate everything. Yes, you showed me the post you wrote before posting it...” 

“Now, I’m always asking what do you want me to write under your post that will be okay for you. I’m not doing any post about this on my page, if I’m going to do any acknowledgment, it’ll be under your post. Please, I don’t want the back and forth, I’m not happy about this whole thing.” Alex said.



By: Bello Precious